St Clair Veterinary Group acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that St Clair Veterinary Group have achieved their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified our key environmental aspects that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
St Clair Veterinary Group is committed to reducing its environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme.
Our management's commitment to the environment has secured us a state-of-the-art practice facility which utilises innovative processes to provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, whilst guaranteeing quality service that will improve the health and wellbeing of our patients.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimizing unsustainable transport
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organizational sustainability report
- Raising money to help environmental issues around us
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the 'Investors in the Environment' (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organization and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Reece Muir is our Sustainability Champion and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
St Clair veterinary group will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public as well as making a copy available on the St Clair veterinary group website.
Name: Reece Muir
Position: Sustainability Champion
Name: Vinnie Brady
Position: Practice Manager
Name: Ulrike Hoffman-Johnson
Position: Clinical Director
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist (