General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
|2 Pottery Street
|2 Cadham Centre
St Clair Veterinary Clinics Ltd respects your personal information and undertakes to comply with all applicable data protection legislation currently in force. We have a legal obligation for the processing of data which is necessary for us to comply with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeon’s and other regulatory organisations. For identification purposes we will require some client personal details to be held on our database. We will not knowing pass on any personal details to 3rd parties. The data we hold will be in relation to legitimate interests to fulfil the needs of the care of your pet/s and to arrange payments from clients and insurance companies. The data we hold will not be passed to 3rd parties until permission is granted from our client or legal authorities.
When registering your pet/pets with us either by email, writing, phone or in person we will collect and process personal information about you.
The information we require to allow us to offer the following services
- Pet care surgeries/clinics
- Reminder services
- Offering products /services
- Insurance claims
- Legitimate interest
Your details stored on our database
- Clients name - To identify client and pets, communications with preventative Healthcare/appointment reminders, payments, pet insurance for processing claims, external Laboratories, Healthcare Plans, ID Chip registration for pet insurance
- Address - To identify client and pets, communications with preventative Healthcare/appointment reminders, payments, pet insurance for processing claims, external Laboratories, Healthcare Plans, ID Chip registration for pet insurance
- Telephone numbers - communications relating to you and your pet/s, reminders appointments/ boosters. Please note that our calls, both incoming and outgoing, are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
- Email address - same as above
- Insurance policy numbers- to communicate with your insurer.
Please ensure you update us of any changes relating to your personal data which is held on our database.
We are required to share your personal information in certain circumstances e.g. Healthcare plans, pet insurance companies for claims or registration , payments plans, referrals, Crematorium, Out of hour provider for Emergency Care, Adverse reactions data, debt collection agency, reminders services, Law enforcement agencies, external Laboratories, other veterinary surgeries if moving practice or referral treatments, Identichip registration . We will not pass your information to any 3rd parties without a legitimate interest. All 3rd parties must comply with the data protection regulations.
Information shared would include where necessary:
- Clients name and address
- Contact numbers and email address
- Policy number / Healthcare Plan number
Your personal data will be kept secure and we will protect and respect your data held within all our Surgeries. Personal data held on our database and backup services are password protected. We will not knowingly hold data longer than lawfully required.
OPT-IN /OUT Option
If you do not wish to receive booster reminders, offers from St Clair Veterinary Clinics Ltd please let reception know to up-date your details and to check the details we have on file are correct. We send booster reminders by text, email and postcard. There is an option to opt in or out of receiving reminders when registering your pet please advise when asked at time of registration.
Access to data held
Should you request access to the personal data we hold on you please put in writing address to:
Practice Manager, St Clair Veterinary Clinics Ltd, 2 Pottery Street, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY1 3ET marked Personal data request.
Any personal data requests must be received in writing. We will respond within 30 days of any request for access to personal data
Right to Rectify
Please make us aware if you believe any personal data, we hold on our database to be incorrect.
Will be reported to the ICO within 72 hours of identifying any data breach resulting in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals e.g. discrimination, damage to reputation, financial loss, loss of confidentiality or any other significant economic or social disadvantage.